Friday, November 18, 2016

Modern architecture in KC

I love modern architecture! I have for some years and I have a small business where I design modern style homes for people across North America. I design homes for my customers because I enjoy the creative process and I enjoy seeing families live in and enjoy the homes I designed for them.

But this blog is not about that in any way. I have created this blog to post information about modern residential architecture in the Kansas City metro area. Other than a link to my my company blog, and occasionally post items about a local project, I promise to keep any connection to my business to a minimum.




KC has a long history of modern residential architecture with buildings by world famous architects as well as many by local architects. There are a number of classic modern homes built in the 50's and 60's, with possibly more "new" modern homes built in the past 10 years during a resurgence of modernism.




I plan to include posts for all of the above, some old, some new. Maybe interviews with owners, builders and architects or designers. And there may be posts about other architecture related subjects.




I welcome any input on the above topics. If you are passionate about modern architecture, please comment on this blog. As long as your comments are civil, I will post them. Or you can send me ideas of things to post here. If you know of an interesting architecture related blog or site, please let me know and I can add a link here.

Anyway, more to come in the near future.

Thanks,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment